Investigate time series data 4 credits Internal
USEFUL WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
Liz Sneddon's website - videos to help
Key tips from Studyit:
- The main focus is the interpretation of the time series.
- Calculate centred moving means.
- Obtain an equation of the trend line.
- Describe the trend and seasonal pattern.
- Reports are best written by doing your graphs and tables in a spreadsheet and then copying and pasting into a word document.
- Support your conclusion by referring to your analysis and/or features of the visual display(s). Include a reflection on your process, which could consider other relevant variables, an evaluation of the adequacy of the model(s), consideration of the validity of your forecast(s), or a deeper understanding of the model(s).
- In writing your report, link your discussion to the context and support the statements you make by referring to statistical evidence.
- Language skills are important when writing reports. Correct grammatical sentences and accurate vocabulary will help your assessor give you the results you want.