Apply numeric reasoning in solving problems 4 credits Internal
Click on objectives:
Key tips from Studyit:
- Use correct mathematical statements.
- Concentrate on basic number skills so you can get the first few questions correct.
- Learn how to use the fraction key on your calculator.
- Attempt all the questions you can in this topic as parts of the more difficult questions can be used as supplementary evidence towards awarding credit for a lower grade.
- Check to see if your answer is sensible and in the correct form (eg ratio, standard form, etc).
- Do not round until the end of the question.
- Read your answer to check that you have answered the question asked.
- Working is expected. A numerical answer only is not sufficient for Achievement.
- Clearly indicate what you are calculating and what the calculated answer represents.
- Show all working as credit may be given when the error is minor or terms have been transferred incorrectly from step to step.
- For Achievement with Excellence, you need to show logical setting out, use correct mathematical statements, and explain any decisions you make in the solution of the problem.
- A good way to present your working is in bullet point form using words to explain what you are calculating alongside your actual calculations.