Apply trigonometric methods in solving problems 4 credits Internal
Click on objectives below:
Key tips from Study It:
- Be familiar with the formulae you will be given in the assessment.
- It is worth learning your identities by rote as you work through this topic so you will recognise which identity to use in the assessment. You can then check it in the formula sheet.
- Practise questions set in practical situations.
- You will be expected to use both radians and degrees.
- Always check that your calculator is in the correct mode (degrees or radians).
- Check that your answer is sensible, you have answered the question asked, and it is related to the context given.
- Problems may include circular motion, pendulum motion, tides, and biorhythms.
- Be familiar with the concepts of amplitude, period, and frequency and the relationship between period and frequency.
- Use of appropriate technology is expected.
- Using graphics calculators to solve equations for Achievement with Excellence without showing a chain of reasoning, will preclude the award of excellence.