Apply trigonometric relationships in solving problems 3 credits Internal
Key tips from Studyit:
- Practise using the sine and cosine rules for finding sides and angles.
- Draw a diagram of the triangle you have identified. Add your measurements and the side or angle you require. If the triangle is not right-angled, you will have four labels. Use the cosine rule if you have three sides and one angle. Use the sine rule if you have two sides and two angles.
- Use trigonometric ratios sin, cos, and tan for finding unknown angles and sides in right angled triangles.
- Relate your answers to the practical task you were given.
- Use appropriate rounding and units.